Tomorrow I sign a new contract with a new school~ an elementary school in Sanbon. Tomorrow Mari leaves for Japan. The week after I leave for Cheongyang Winter Camp for 5 days, and then immediately after will board a plane for Akita. But for now, the main office of our middle school keeps my nimble fingers busy. This is the Korean way, to describe a school as possessive~ my or our school. I was a part of a good school this past year and a handful of months. The changeup will be welcomed wholeheartedly.
I found a super cool hat last night in Itaewon. It's funny how people can succumb to materialistic things to find some confidence in. This is not the Garden of Eden. Never owned a lumberjack hat before. The kind where there are flaps that tie onto the sides of the hat. When the ears need warmth, the furry lapels can be lowered like a World War II bomber cap. The hat is lined with fur which resembles wool. It has the color of hickory chips~ this will be with me for years to come, you can definitely count on that.
This past month living with Mari has been relaxing. She's cooked a diversity of meals, and has even learned how to make Korean kimbap. I've learned a few things to say when I visit Japan, such as introduction phrases and ordering phrases. She's continuing to learn Korean, as she will study it further this Summer at Seoul National University. Really happy that we have had this chance to spend quality time together. She even spent three days at my work helping with my Winter Camp. The students respond differently when there's a hot babe in the room, ha!
As for the New Year, I finished most of the things that I wanted to accomplish. All of them were mainly job related. Two more things to do: Finish the business cards and mail Brucie's books which I promised months ago. In short, B & B. As for the business cards, I want to say that I'm a personal chef who's available for catering to private parties and events. It's a freelance card, something that's been long overdue. All I need is a symbol with some kind of phrase. My parents emailed a whole list of ideas. Some of their suggestions are:
Hot plate, healthy and plenty, wahoo!, and good harvest. It's neat how their ideas of life come through in their slogans. Who wouldn't remember 'wahoo' on a business card?
Signing off for now with this last thought for 2011 from Sarek of Volcan~ ...we shall always retain the best part of the other, inside us... peace and long life.
No comments:
Post a Comment