Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Weekend

This weekend I plan to get much rest.  The weather is supposed to be sunny, but a winter chill lingers.  It's a bit of a tease.  You want to dress down and soak in the sun, but winter is still fighting.  I'm in a Starbucks doing mundane school work, tweaking lessons and making quizzes for mid-April.  My motor skills are the primary things being used.

Well, not much is going on since my last moody entry about my internal meter going up and down.  I gaze out into this tiny street in Sanbon, and I'm just staring really, nothing else.  I'm due for a trip to Insa-dong for some incense and to visit the vegetarian restaurant.  Later today, I hit the gym for my upper torso.

A whole chicken is defrosting in the fridge and still deciding to either cook it today or for Easter Sunday.  The bird is only about 4 oz.  The size is somewhere between a cornish hen and a typical roasting bird.

----  What I've been thinking about is my open class in October and also in September my cousin's wedding.  First, the principal is not allowing me to take a 2 day leave for the wedding.  The word is pretty much final because the event falls in the beginning of the new term.  But you know what?  I don't give a rat's ass.  I'm calling in sick, damn it.  This is a major family reunion, and my cousin is getting married to an awesome chap.

The open class for October is going to be interesting.  The youngest and the prettiest Korean English teacher was chosen for me to co-teach with for the open class.  The purpose of this event is for idea gathering.  ESL instructors from all over the region come to observe the class.  I've observed 4 classes so far.  It's a good opportunity for new teachers to witness different methods.  As for my open demonstration, it falls in the beginning of the term when I'm teaching the lower level students.  I must build rapport quickly with these kids.  I have plans, but it is definitely going to be challenging.

Now, off to the gym-->

No comments: