Every morning, breakfast consists of three components:
1) Toast
2) Yogurt
3) Maxim Mocha Gold Mild, Coffee
Before I set the context for breakfast, I want to say that I haven't cooked for my 'Unlearning how to cook' project in over a month. Since coming back from Paris and the Winter Camp in 청양, my kitchen has only been used for breakfast. Ingredients in the fridge and pantry need to be refreshed. I have ginger that looks like preserved ~turd. The Korean Mother's Cooking Notes text is being moved around from counter top to computer table, to on top of the TV, dresser,.. it's almost like it's staring at me, asking if I'm going to file her away on the book shelf. I'm not going to beat myself up over this, because the second half of my project was to be able to describe the dishes in Korean (한국어). On this, I'm moving forward. 박수민 is the name of my new 국어 선생님. It's a free class at a Catholic Church every Sunday. The school offers low, intermediate, and advanced levels. The students are all migrant workers from Vietnam, Jordan, Bangladesh, and the Philippines. I'm a beginning level student, and it's good exposure to the language. At the same time, it gives me perspective on how students must feel when I'm teaching them English at the Middle School. At times, I can lose patience with them~~ As for the priest of the Church, I'm judgmental I know, but he looks cocky. The nuns always look like they are doing work.
Breakfast is a necessity. If I ever get married, this is something that I'd like to have my wife prepare for me. Give me warm toast slathered with creamy peanut butter. The 'trick' is to apply peanut butter the moment the toast pops out of the toaster, setting #4. The toast is golden brown. White or wheat, it doesn't matter, but the bread has to be baked from a baker's hands. So while the toast is in, boil water for the instant Coffee. If you get it right, then the moment the water reaches 212 degrees, you should be able to catch the toast at the exact moment it flips up. Once in a while there is a Universal moment when you know toast and boil begins to phase shift into a reality of subatomic collisions. Despite the 7 feet distance between the toaster and pot, valence electrons are being transferred and in the middle of this chaos peal open the blueberry yogurt. Lick the sweet glaze from the lid and serve. The combination of this trinity was simply meant to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment