This entire week I've had many a moment of complete idleness. Hands resting on the computer thinking this just isn't the right time to work. Maybe if I eat something, then an ounce of motivation will set in. The winter flowers by my desk are the only thing that I'm interested in. The wonder of it blooming at such an odd time of the year, will probably be dormant in the spring. Oh, how I wish to have this plant's persistence, it only needs water and sunlight. It's held in a cage really, how it wants to reach out to the sun like a giraffe, grounded by a little foot of a pot.
The comfort of this chair is adequate- slightly bouncy, it fits the form of my bony butt, the arm rests don't allow my shoulders to drop naturally, it invites the sitter to slouch. Damn chair, this is why work isn't getting done at the office! I need a new chair. A bright orange chair will surely pump some motivation into me from the bottom up. Imagine thoughts, starting from the ass being pulled up into the brain and my mouth farts a succulent idea onto you, the listener. And you believe every bit of it.
People are dragging their feet to the coffee pot. You see, if they were more motivated too, then their sickness would be contagious. Your coffee is sweet and the aroma compliments a chocolate cupcake~ perfectly. The crumbs dribble down the sides of your mouth. Everyone looks with envy. You stare back and chew with gusto. If only this office were a production line. Paper work makes everyone go in circles, whereas a production line is more linear. You clock in and then your hands take over. My butt is getting sore from idleness.
In an office people wait for lunch. Let's order out today! Yay! more sitting. A school without students is nothing but a bunch of adults administering checks and circles, pencil in this and that rubbish. Let's eat together and suck these noodles up, shove that chopstick into your mouth lady, oh yeah one more serving and let's do it again for an extra hour. Lunch hour becomes two. I miss the little ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment