Friday, July 30, 2010

Ranting ranting...

My summer vacation begins today.  Last night was a disaster because I realized how much of a fool I am.

Going to be turning 33 in 4 weeks and really, I have nothing to prove any kind of progress.  No one to really share anything with, and yet I smile. This blog has turned into an online diary when the real purpose was to be proficient in Korean dishes as well as being able to describe the food in Korean.  The result, 7 months later, a few dishes cooked and dozens upon dozens of ranting~  not all of it.  Some cool experiences were documented.

Bills are being paid and many folks back States side are unemployed.  Glad to have a decent paying job here, and in good health overall.

Darts have been an obsession of mine for the past three months.  Definite progress in that world.  As for the liver and kidneys, they have surely taken a toll.

On dating:  Well, I have met a few short lived ones- dead ends.  And now, Dionne Warwick sings the truth of it all... 'just walk on by...'  And why do I still smile?  It's the comedy of it all.  The comedian Chris Rock said, 'You ever have your woman just looking at you, being silent.  Well, you know what she's thinking, right?  She's thinking, how the fcuk did I get stuck with this guy!  God, please strike him down while I can still get another man, please!"  His point being that you'll never be her first choice, ha ha..

A quick look back:  A decade ago I was finishing my final term in University.  NY was the destination shortly after.  What a world of difference now.  So yes, there has been progress and whenever I talk to someone in their mid-20's I see their needs right away.  It's a bit hard to describe~ but in real time I see it.

The plant at my desk will bloom orange flowers in three months.  It's so green and the waxy leaves are pushing out reaching for something... anything.  It's growth, the direction is up up up.  So therefore, look up, it's there... It always has been.

------------------------
what type of day is this
with two shining suns
a day beyond and above
every day known
a whirling cosmos is endowing
and calling everyone on earth
good news to those in love
call today your own

--Translation by Nader Khalili
Rumi, Dancing the Flame
Cal-Earth Press, 2001

No comments: