After watching 2 months of Star Trek TNG reruns on youtube, I've come to realize that one shouldn't think of time as being linear. Far too often, a work week can dictate your perception of time as a 7 day feedback loop- beginning with morning salutations and ending with a phrase that goes something like, "So, I'll see you tomorrow". This Groundhog Day theme is broken down into 1 second events.
What I'm trying to say is that this week has really dulled my senses. Should we rip out a fingernail and then file our skin down to the dermis layer? Finish a drunkards ritual with a shot of tequila- skip the salt. Inflicting or receiving pain from a needle bath.
A few months ago I wrote about the plant at my desk growing upwards. Like this plant, we should look up and be optimistic about our lives. It's funny, because my plant has been growing in every which direction. I try to encourage upwards growth by tying supports at the base of each curvature. I'm not going to try and control the plant anymore. If it wants to bend or curve left, then so be it. The plant doesn't follow a linear path and that's okay.
What a week~ Tomorrow, I'm going to cook a Filippino delicacy called, Bicol Express. The fragrance will make you cry because 90 percent of the dish has sliced chilly peppers. It's a perfect dish for cold nights.
No comments:
Post a Comment