Friday, October 8, 2010

October come over

Mariko and I have decided to take the jump.  Come Spring time, I either extend my contract or move to another school.  For her, she's in the process of transferring ownership of her academy in Japan.  From there, she'll enroll in a language program at Seoul National University, pack her stuff and then fly on a one-way ticket to Inchon, Korea come mid-Spring. 


The dinner last month was nothing less than excellent.  It was described as having the soul of honest home cooking with a unique sophistication.  The pork meatballs were a hit.  Everyone thought it was turkey, that's how delicately I seasoned them.  The recipe has a Chinese origin.  I tweaked it by adding Filipino aromatics~ lemon grass and ginger.  These items are believed to cut the 'pork smell'.  Everything was delicious.  I was especially satisfied with the preparation for the dinner.  It took a week to make the sauces and soup bases.  Try to imagine 10 hours of work to produce a mere 1 Quart of brown sauce.  That sauce was liquid gold, baby-- a concentration of flavor and 'goodness'.


Mari smiles while she's sitting with the crowd.  With her corn roles and crater dimples, she was the mystery visitor.  Actually, she was visiting me, as will I visit her come late January.  Last January, 2010 I had the opportunity to visit Baron Brice in Paris along with Cryogenic Stacy and their soon to come child.  This winter I will go to Morioka, Japan for 3 weeks.  Winter seems to be the month for travel-- I'm lucky.

Mari is hot.  I'm so attracted to her.

As for darts~ tonight my dart mate from Anyang will visit Jack's Bar (my home dart bar).  Last week I took the tournament in Anyang.  I was the favored player and ended with the highest statistics.  One more level up and I'll enter Division 1, the A- ranked players.  I can rack points and finish when needed, but some of these Division 1 players defend and attack so quickly- Insane!  All in good fun.  Tonight will be killing, and the boards busy..1-2-3

Next week is my open class.  ESL instructors and Korean teachers from 6 Middle Schools will observe my class.  The lesson is ready and is loaded with pictures and activities.  I just have to do the best I can to get the kids to speak.  Contingencies for quiet situations need to be examined, but not until this weekend.  I'm chilling.

No comments: