Tuesday, January 26, 2010

wild~

The wilderness is romantic when your not living there. In the book by Forest Carter, 'The Education of Little Tree', he opens a chapter describing the morning. The morning dew of a mountain sunrise in North Carolina. The trembling of leaf tips and such, and the quiet glory of a rock. Carter speaks to us about the winds in Autumn, of the changing seasons or course, of the remedy found in bluebird blood if struck from a viper; if only you could see the dangers that await those that travel along her path- a simple mountain path in the Appalacians. But it could be anywhere, really this romance that one shares mostly with themselves. It's a joke that you tell adults. It's wisdom that you may share with a child. Richard Feinman, the acclaimed physicist from UCLA speaks so poetically about the dynamics of a seascape. And yet, that bitch insists on wearing a white flowing garb-of-a-thing while walking on seashells. Not Feinman, he's busy dancing along the fringes of things.

My first girlfriend lived on Wilderness Lane. Her father was a furniture maker, a carpenter. She had cute heart-shaped cheeks and teeth like a bunny. People chanted for us to kiss, so guess the elementary age. Fukcing wasn't the end, it was a stupid curiosity at the time which I would gladly trade in for thicker glasses, instead of a throbbing vein. However, there is nothing like a good book which you know is leading up to a sex scene. Page turner to leg crossing, to I can't imagine how my face looks when having an orgasm. Well, the girl of Wilderness lane ended up getting rapped in high school. Her parents divorced, her brother with her mom and she stayed with her dad. It wasn't until years later that I knew about the high school incident. It wasn't an incident where people were chanting.. We ended up seeing each other again in college, a single daytime date. Nothing came out of it, but it was something natural and coincidental how two random points meet again.

I need to shave. And after that, I need to buy a chicken for dinner tonight. I'm going to stew a chopped chicken and finish it with hard boiled eggs and potatoes. It's cold out, and I'm thinking about what veggies to accompany the bird. Maybe a nest of veggies, something that one can associate straw with. Korea is thousands of miles away, but cabbage is everywhere. Yes, a spiced cabbage sauteed with vein tomatoes- oui!

No comments: